Located on a 27-acre wooded campus, Fairmount is a peaceful, therapeutic environment for patients and families. Fairmount is a major regional resource for children, adolescents and adults who have psychiatric and behavioral problems as well as alcohol and drug dependency needs. The spacious campus bordering Fairmount Park in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia is a peaceful setting for patients and families. With one of the leading alcohol and drug detox and rehab programs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Fairmount is the provider of choice for individuals requiring specialized co-occurring psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment.
Hope For Everyone
Hope can be the hardest thing to find when you have a mental, emotional and/or addiction problem. But hope is here at Fairmount where we have many treatment options and ways to make them work for you.
With a call to Fairmount, you have immediate access to master level clinicians, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, who can assess an individual in crisis and arrange admission to the appropriate level of care. A psychiatrist is on site at all times. This confidential assessment and referral is free of charge. Whatever the need, at any time of the day or night, high quality care is as close as a telephone. To schedule an assessment, call 1-800-235-0200.
The staff of Fairmount Behavioral Health System strives to maintain a total therapeutic environment through individualized treatment for each patient and family. Comprehensive patient-oriented activities include group therapy, family therapy, allied therapy, and educational services:
- 24 hour Assessment and Referral Center with psychiatric physician coverage and oversight.
- Therapeutic services that include cognitive behavioral counseling (group and individual), psychological testing and applied behavioral analysis and treatment. Individual psychotherapy services to further address acute psychiatric symptoms or underlying issues, which may not be adequately addressed in group sessions.
- One of our strengths is the diversity of therapists that provide treatment. Often, individuals require adjunctive therapies or other modalities to most effectively communicate and express themselves. Our therapists use a variety of modalities — art, music, movement, cognitive and behavioral approaches, mindfulness techniques, and recreation — to provide optional avenues of expression, help the person learn about himself or herself and start to make desired changes
- A K-12 school program for children and adolescents facilitated by two certified special education teachers.
- Family education services to assist families with education and support.
- Brand new 54-bed wing which provides separate programs each for adolescent girls and young adults.
- We emphasize family therapy, especially in our child/adolescent program, and we will arrange transportation for the family if necessary.
For more information, download our hospital information sheet.