Chemical Dependency Hospital Visitation Hours & Information
Our chemical dependency service is among the top-ranked Pennsylvania detox centers and offers treatment for a variety of alcohol and drug related addictions. For more information about our program, please visit our chemical dependency treatment page. If someone you know is attending our detox center, we welcome you during our hospital visitation hours.
Please follow our guidelines and procedures upon your visit. We encourage you to show support to your family member or friend who is attending our facility and look forward to your visit. Click here for a downloadable version of our visiting day procedures & information for the chemical dependency unit.
CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY UNIT
Visiting Day Procedure
Family Educational Seminar Saturdays 1:30p to 2:30p
Visiting Hours Saturdays 2:30p to 4:00p
All visitors MUST attend the Educational Seminar before visiting the patient.
- All visitors must have consent in chart signed by the patient and approved by the primary counselor. Visitors who arrive without prior approval will not be permitted to see patient.
- Visitors must sign in and out at the front desk, place belongings in locker and obtain an ID badge before arrival to the Gym for seminar/visiting.
- Visitors must sign in next to their name on Master List in the Gym and give any items brought in for patients to appropriate A3 or A4 staff.
- Items being brought to patients must be in a bag with patient’s name. Bags will be inspected by staff and given to patients after visiting hours are over.
- Two visitors will be permitted to visit at one time.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted to visit patients.
- Family Educational Seminar will be conducted by one of the facility’s counselors.
Family Educational Seminar Includes:
- Explanation of facility’s program
- Drug and alcohol education
- Co-occurring diagnosis
- The importance of a positive support system, medication compliance/management, intensive outpatient therapy and 12 step fellowship
- Opportunity for family/friends to ask questions
Other Visiting Regulations:
- Detox patients are not permitted to have visits. However family/support persons can attend Family education.
- No physical contact is permitted between visitors and patients with the exception of a hello and/or goodbye kiss/hug. Inappropriate physical contact between visitors and patients will not be tolerated.
- Violence of any sort will not be tolerated. This includes verbal threats, physical aggression or destruction of property.
- Visitors and patients will be asked to sit facing each other at the tables during the visit.
- No food/drink is permitted during visit.
- Anyone under 16 years of age will not be permitted to visit.
- Visitors wearing revealing clothing will be asked to make alterations.
Patient & Family Information:
To get a better idea of the programs provided by Fairmount Behavioral Health System, take a look at our treatment schedule. Fairmount offers one of the top-ranked mental health and drug rehab programs in Philadelphia Pennsylvania.
We want you to feel comfortable and secure during your treatment program at our facility. We also make this information available to your family and friends so they can help be apart of your recovery.