Service Excellence in Behavior Health
Service Excellence in behavior health is Fairmount’s pledge to provide exceptional customer service to our patients, our referral sources, our employees, and our payers. All Fairmount employees receive training in orientation devoted to delivering world class service. Adherence to Service Excellence principles are part of each employee’s annual performance evaluation.
Fairmount’s Service Excellence in Behavior Health Program encourages all employees to go “above and beyond” their daily duties. It applies to all employees, from physicians to housekeepers, from the CEO to the intern. At Fairmount Behavioral Health System, we see every individual patient, every family member, every mental health provider, every case manager, and all of our co-workers as customers. As an organization, we promote a culture that acknowledges strong performances in customer service. Each month, we recognize exceptional customer service in our peers, subordinates, and supervisors.
Our first Service Excellence Council was formed in 2005. In 2010, we expanded this group to 12 members, plus a chairperson, bringing together professional staff from every area of the hospital and multiple authority levels. These members are volunteers, and we appreciate their service and see them as examples for all of our employees. Best of all, each month we receive multiple peer nominations for Service Excellence Role Models, and the council selects three winners who are rewarded and publicly recognized at monthly gatherings.
Service Excellence is a way of life for Fairmount employees, and is demonstrated by the following:
I am a Professional:
- I greet guests with a smile.
- I show courtesy and respect to patients.
- I dress professionally.
- I write legibly.
- I always wear my name badge.
- I maintain a clean and orderly work space.
- I answer the phone within three rings and keep hold times to less than 30 seconds.
I am a good teammate:
- I treat my co-workers as customers.
- I arrive to work on time, at my station. I stay until the job is done.
- I address my colleagues by their names.
- I am candid and assertive.
- I will identify SOLUTIONS.
I respectfully serve others:
- I am sensitive to cultural differences.
- I educate our stakeholders about the benefits of Fairmount BHS.
- I involve our patients’ families in their loved ones’ treatment.
- I ensure effective linkage with referral agencies and aftercare providers.
- I respond quickly to problems and keep my promises.