Special Information for Patients and Families
Read about special information for patients of Fairmount Behavioral Health System and their families as they go through the Admissions process and visit the facility:
- Patient and/or family members are informed of approved personal belongings prior to the assessment (see overview below).
- Schoolbooks, calling cards, and small amounts of money are the only items that can be brought to visitation/family education.
- Home medications are to be checked by the admitting nurse and stored until time of discharge, sent home with a family member, or upon special physician order, may be continued throughout your stay.
- Controlled medications/substances are sent home or secured in the hospital safe.
- Special creams, ointments, and inhalers are to be labeled and stored on medication cart if approved by the treating physician.
- Visitors must be on an approved visitation list completed by the patient at the time of admission.
- Only two visitors will be allowed per visitation.
Please bring the following important documents at the time of admission:
- Insurance card
- Pharmacy card
- Social Security card
- Guardianship documents, if applicable
- Custody documents for children and adolescents, if applicable
Approved Items for Patients:
- Appropriate reading material
- Body soap/wash
- Bottled water
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving cream (non-aerosol)
- Make-up, without mirrors
- Shampoo/conditioner (stored in lock-up)
- Blow dryers (stored in lock-up)
- Shavers, Curling or flat irons (stored in lock-up)
- Three changes of clothing (washers and dryers are available)
- Basic toiletries and grooming aids
- Glasses, contacts, contact solutions, hearing aids and batteries
- Slip on shoes and socks
- One set of warm outerwear
- Appropriate sleep wear and under garments
- Calling cards and prepaid phone cards
Items NOT Approved for Patients:
- Alcohol/ alcohol based products
- Please do not bring valuables such as credit cards, checks, cash or money.
- Lighters and matches.
- Outside food and drinks
- Controlled medications
- Weapons or protection devices
- Personal electronic devices
- Spray cans (aerosols)
- Cell phones
- Hats and sunglasses
- Any clothing with inappropriate logos or designs
- Boots of any kind
- Sharps including picture frames, knives, nail clippers, tweezers, sewing needles, wire/metal bound notebooks and glass vase
- Musical instruments
- Nail polish and removers
- Disposable razors
- Toys, games, stuffed animals
- Pillows and bed linens
- No metal or glass cases, containers, or objects
Find more information on our admissions process or download a registration form today.
Not sure if Fairmount partners with your insurance? Check our list of accepted insurance plans.
Medical Service Handbooks